Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The NHS.
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 418872 posted on 6-10-2010 at 15:32 Reply With Quote
The NHS.

I feel that it all to easy to criticize the NHS and the service we do get as against its short comings. Between Friday and yesterday I have had to call upon the doctors and emergency services a number of times.

Due to my wifes condition taking an acute down turn on Friday night I had to consult the Out of Hours doctor for advice ( which he gave freely and without rushing ) at 11 pm the same doctor phoned me back to see if my wife had settled, he was going off duty but had left notes on the computer for a follow on in the night by another doctor if it was needed.

On Saturday evening my wifes condition deteriorated even further, at 930 pm I phoned the Out of hours and a doctor attended on my wife within 40 mins, again I got a follow on call at about 7am on Sunday.

I called the doctors for help again in the early hours of Monday morning, a doctor attended within 25 mins. the lady doctor stayed for about 45 mins to see my wife settled. She phoned again about an hour later, and then again about 3am.
At 3am having assessed my wifes lack of improvement she said she would organize an ambulance. As I put the phone down it rang again it was a nurse practicioner who said she would stay on the line with me till the ambulance arrived, I sat on the bed with the phone so that this nurse could monitor my wife.

Within minutes a motor cycle paramedic arrived and took over from the nurse then shortly afterwards the ambulance arrived. The ambulance men were so through, totally proffesional.

Our own GP having had reports from the weekend phoned me yesterday afternoon to see how my wife was doing but also to see if I was alright or in need of support.

I consider that to be Gold Card service and care.

Thank God for the NHS and its staff.

Best regards the Bear
Mary2
Counting the days...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

[*] Post 418875 posted on 6-10-2010 at 16:54 Reply With Quote

I'd rather have the NHS with its few flaws than what we had before it or insurance-based programmes.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 418881 posted on 6-10-2010 at 17:21 Reply With Quote

It sounds as though you had good people, doing all they could do, and in a timely fashion.

Here's hoping your wife does better.:)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.