Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Vassal State
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 413021 posted on 23-7-2010 at 18:25 Reply With Quote
Vassal State

Are we now the 51st state of the USA? where a request by congress(or command) to explain a sovereign states decision of releasing that Libyan chap.its the equivalent of being summoned to the head masters office. well Alex Salmon and his minister have declined and so should any Representative of our voted in government, other wise we will be summoned to the Kremlin next to explain cap in hand why we did not open up a second front in 1942, how many Americans politicians would come here to explain their actions to a British parliament?
are we a sovereign state or not? jmb
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 413022 posted on 23-7-2010 at 18:38 Reply With Quote

No we're not going as far as the government of Scotland is concerned and even Jack Straw has politely declined. Too many Americans seem puffed up with their own importance imo and those 4 senators would certainly fit that description.

Too many American "leaders" react to the media imo rather than just getting on with the job that actually needs to be done.

I hate to tell you Americans, but Lockerbie was rather a while ago, not just Americans died in it, someone was tried and found guilty despite evidence not being overwhelming and that person was released on compassionate grounds by the government that had the legal right to do so.

More people have died at American hands with their illegal wars afterall. Perhaps GWB should be "invited" to attend our Iraq inquiry.
giron
Who Me? As if:)

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Inquisitive.

[*] Post 413026 posted on 23-7-2010 at 19:44 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Perhaps GWB should be "invited" to attend our Iraq inquiry.

There's not much point in doing that, I can't imagine that s o b admitting that he started an illegal war.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.