Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: HDD Led light on activity on HDD and i click ?
KOUROSH
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 412697 posted on 18-7-2010 at 19:38 Reply With Quote
HDD Led light on activity on HDD and i click ?

i am sure most of us have experienced this, HDD Led lights on activity on HDD and when we click on mice or try to move up or down the scroll nothing happens till activity on hd dies first.

how can this activity be shortened???
having quad core cpu? higher ram 8 gb instead of 4 gb, faster hadd 15k cheetah rather usual sata2 7200

(the activity usually is longer when one is trying a new webpage full of picture and video).

any input will be appreciated
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 412728 posted on 19-7-2010 at 12:44 Reply With Quote

Additional RAM may assist. Windoze uses the HDD as additional virtual memory when you have many things open. It's called a "swap file" where you may have programs running that aren't being needed at the moment and Windoze swaps it out to virtual ram to give better performance to the foreground processes. All of the above (extra RAM, better CPU, Faster Drive) in that order will help things. Having contiguous file blocks on the HDD (Defrag) can also help, but, and I mean a big BUT.......None of these things will show noticeable improvement if you persist in keeping 4 million windoze open and all those little utilities loaded. If you already run a lean system then you may not notice a huge improvement anyway, in many cases, system response is purely subjective and 1mS here and there will never be noticed.
KOUROSH
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 412733 posted on 19-7-2010 at 12:57 Reply With Quote

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh dear oooohhhhhhhhhhh i thought by changing those there will be some change???confused2 thanks lse
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.