Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Outlook issue
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 412204 posted on 6-7-2010 at 11:55 Reply With Quote
Outlook issue

I have a friend visiting who is running Outlook on her PC, She can receive messages fine, but sending does not seem to work. Do I have to set up an outgoing mail acct using my ISP's mail server, or should hers work?
her outgoing settings are mail.bigpond.com whilst mine are mail.internode.on.net, both are smtp servers I'd have to check the security etc. How would I change the outgoing server without changing her settings in tools Account Settings.

Her mail is sitting in the outbox but will not send even though she can receive ok.
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 412224 posted on 6-7-2010 at 20:52 Reply With Quote

IIRC, some ISP's insist you're connected to their network to send mails, whether this applies to your/her ISP IDK.

You will have to change the SMTP settings in Outlook/Accounts AFAIK, or via Mail in Control Panel.

I had an issue on VM a while ago, where my mail was refusing to send. It turned out I had login to Webmail, clear any attachments that I'd sent which cleaned my mailbox size down, and allowed sending via Outlook's POP3/SMTP again.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Theravad
Super Moderator

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Indigo (dark)

[*] Post 412236 posted on 7-7-2010 at 10:25 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
IIRC, some ISP's insist you're connected to their network to send mails, whether this applies to your/her ISP IDK.

That's true - there are others (and you can use googlemail ) that just insist that you authenticate (pass a username / password ) - that is a simpler way not to have to reconfigure whilst on the move.

T
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User Theravad's Aim Theravad's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Theravad's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.