Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: WikiLeaks
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 406907 posted on 7-4-2010 at 07:34 Reply With Quote
WikiLeaks

Really distrubing images

I saw this first a couple of days ago and it is now being more widely reported. It shows the deaths of two journalists amongst others.

It raises several issues:

"Game" mentality to distance oneself during battle.

The dangers of being a journalist in a foreign area.

What images like this do to the civilians who would normally never see them because they are not trained soldiers.

Any thoughts?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 406923 posted on 7-4-2010 at 10:34 Reply With Quote

In my own life--

--a friend whom I saw in class and socially hanged himself
--a former boyfriend of a friend killed himself
--a friend of a friend is in the hospital, in a coma, after a suicide attempt by pills; he was a narcotics addict
--a close friend's heart stopped from alcohol poisoning, and he had to be revived by doctors
--a friend stabbed herself with a kitchen knife and cut herself from stomach to chest; she showed me her wound afterwards, which looked like a zipper
--a boy of fourteen whom I know, tried to kill himself by jumping off a roof
--I have been visiting a close friend in the hospital mental ward who had planned his own suicide, but who tells me he decided not to do it because I am one person whom he knows cares about him. The only visitors he's had are ones whom I brought with me.
--the brother of a close fellow parishioner committed suicide by blowing his head off with a shotgun

So, I elected not to look at the disturbing images (and I'm grateful you warned me).

Until I listed these, I did not realize how much I could list.:(

I am near the front lines of the spiritual warfare, where Christian faith can literally save a person's life, while those who cannot grasp that hope may die. I see wonderful success stories, where those whom the Lord restored went on to faithfully serve Him and help others for decades. And I see the hand of Death reaching for those who do not walk with the Lord.

I don't need to see others die; death is never far from what I see day by day. That is one reason I am so passionate about the Savior.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)
Member Is Online

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 406926 posted on 7-4-2010 at 10:46 Reply With Quote

But the disturbing nature of those images is - worth consideration - no, they demand consideration. The last thing that should happen is that they should be ignored.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.