Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Obamacare passes in the House of Representatives
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 406087 posted on 22-3-2010 at 02:58 Reply With Quote
Obamacare passes in the House of Representatives

The House of Representatives has voted in favor of Obamacare, approving the same legislation as the Senate has passed. Obama will sign it, and it will become law.

But, the House doesn't really like the Senate bill, so it is working on a separate piece of legislation that is supposed to amend ("fix") many of the problems with the Senate bill. Indeed, many of the House Democrats who voted for the Senate's bill did not like it, but did so only because they were promised it would be amended to conform to something they could accept. They will be upset if the promises are not kept.

I don't think the House and Senate will be able to agree on changes, with the result that the first version of the bill will prevail--the one that the House would not have passed, had they known it would not be changed. In particular, a block of twelve pro-Life Democrats was unwilling to support a bill that allows federal funding of abortions, and they were counting on the fix-it bill to remove the funding. I don't think it will happen.:(
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 406100 posted on 22-3-2010 at 16:54 Reply With Quote

Good news for the 32 million Americans who will now have health care who didn't before I should imagine. brshteeth
Theravad
Super Moderator

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Indigo (dark)

[*] Post 406101 posted on 22-3-2010 at 17:37 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Good news for the 32 million Americans who will now have health care who didn't before I should imagine. brshteeth

bull ... rag ... red ... a ... to

lips_sealed
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User Theravad's Aim Theravad's ICQ status This User Has MSN Messenger Theravad's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.