Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Rod Blagojevich pleads not guilty to revised corruption charges.
giron
Who Me? As if:)

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Inquisitive.

[*] Post 403684 posted on 11-2-2010 at 13:02 Reply With Quote
Rod Blagojevich pleads not guilty to revised corruption charges.

Link.

I suppose we must assume innocence until proven guilty, but there's no smoke without fire.

Quote:

The charges include trying to sell President Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

What the hell was going on there, surely that's taking free enterprise a bit too far, isn't it?

Quote:

Other corruption charges relate to demanding donations from potential campaign contributors in exchange for favours.

Nothing much new there, it appears to be common practice in the corrupt American political system.

Do you think he should be convicted on there relatively minor issues?

Then again, perhaps if he were tortured, he'd admit to other things as well?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 403703 posted on 11-2-2010 at 16:18 Reply With Quote

I have listened to some of the wiretap recordings of him casually discussing getting bribes in exchange for doing things such as releasing money budgeted for the Children's Hospital, or appointing someone to the Senate position.

In the case of the Children's Hospital, he was promised a bribe, and then he released the state funding that was supposed to go to the hospital. When the bribe money did not come, he called one of his henchmen to see if he could get the state money back. Imagine--the state money was budgeted for the medical care of CHILDREN, and Rod wanted to keep it from them because he didn't get the promised bribe.rant0000

He is despicable, beneath contempt. I look forward to when he is put in prison (the fourth Illinois Governor in my lifetime).

There has been some discussion lately as to whether Illinois or New York is worse with respect to government/political corruption. Perhaps Illinois is now Number One.
giron
Who Me? As if:)

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Inquisitive.

[*] Post 403707 posted on 11-2-2010 at 17:49 Reply With Quote

Is this sort of corruption fairly isolated or does it occur quite regularly?

Is there any reason why it seems higher in Illinois than elsewhere, more importantly, what is being done to stamp it out?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.