Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The worst political ads ever
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 400493 posted on 7-1-2010 at 06:36 Reply With Quote
The worst political ads ever

I have been hearing a political ad on the radio, which is so bad that one of the radio hosts apologized for it. He explained that the station is obligated to allow the candidate to buy air time to say whatever he wishes.

The first ad claims that there is "a solid rumor" that candidate Xyz is a homosexual. It claims candidate Xyz has surrounded himself with homosexuals. (The sponsor of the ad is running against candidate Xyz.)

The second ad, which began running today, says that candidate Xyz did not take action in a certain instance against a pedophile, and claims that this makes him de facto a pedophile himself. (I wonder if the man understands what de facto means!)

Can you imagine hearing such garbage as political ads on the radio?:(:(:(
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 400503 posted on 7-1-2010 at 09:37 Reply With Quote

Unlikely to get away with such things here. At least I hope not anyway.

The MP for my City is gay, and TBF to him he's not a bad MP, and he came out of the whole expanses fiasco with a good deal of credit, unlike many others.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 400506 posted on 7-1-2010 at 09:57 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I have been hearing a political ad on the radio, which is so bad that one of the radio hosts apologized for it. He explained that the station is obligated to allow the candidate to buy air time to say whatever he wishes.

The first ad claims that there is "a solid rumor" that candidate Xyz is a homosexual. It claims candidate Xyz has surrounded himself with homosexuals. (The sponsor of the ad is running against candidate Xyz.)

The second ad, which began running today, says that candidate Xyz did not take action in a certain instance against a pedophile, and claims that this makes him de facto a pedophile himself. (I wonder if the man understands what de facto means!)

Can you imagine hearing such garbage as political ads on the radio?:(:(:(

Do you not have slander/libel laws in the states Scholar ?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.