Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Global warming
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 397875 posted on 20-12-2009 at 03:11 Reply With Quote
Global warming

HARA a Company: Hara Environmental and Energy Management (EEM) on-demand software enables organizations to identify and implement sustainability initiatives across stakeholders to increase operational efficiency, maximize shareholder value and mitigate risk. Hara customers are identifying millions of dollars in savings from energy, water and waste abatement strategies while reducing their carbon emissions.

HARA Website

If you click on About Us at the top of their website it takes you to an overview page. On the left there is a list, click on Investors. On the Investors page the Company Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers is listed and at the bottom of their profile is a link to their webpage, click on that. At the bottom of their webpage note that Al Gore and his Company Generation Investment Management are partners of KPCB which is just an investment Company.

Also on HARA's web site note that their CEO has advised Obama on Global warming issues.

My question is, do you think Al Gore stands to make any money by promoting Global Warming?waveysmiley
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 397894 posted on 20-12-2009 at 11:13 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti

My question is, do you think Al Gore stands to make any money by promoting Global Warming?waveysmiley

Why is that a problem if he does? Just following the American capitalist objectives, surely?

As for your links etc. Isn't that exactly what investment companies do? Invest in businesses they think with a bit of backing, usually a capital injection, can make the business grow, be more successful, and then the investment backers reap a greater return on their original investment. I don't see this issue....?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 397952 posted on 20-12-2009 at 14:37 Reply With Quote

I makes me wonder if his enthusiasm to halt global warming is driven by his concern for the world and mankind or by the chance for big profits from companies that stand to profit from government assistance funds. waveysmiley
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.