Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: The government protects nature--by putting poison in water
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 395967 posted on 4-12-2009 at 03:37 Reply With Quote
The government protects nature--by putting poison in water

In the Chicago area, near Lake Michigan, dead fish were plentiful today, floating to the top of the water.

Why were dead fish plentiful? The government poisoned the water.

Why did the government poison the water? To kill the fish.

Why did the government want to kill the fish? They included asian carp, an invasive species. In waters they take over, they destroy the ecology and displace other fish. They are known as flying carp because they jump out of the water with great force when vibrations (such as those from a boat motor) excite them. They have been known to hit people in the face, knock them down, even knock them overboard.

The government wanted to kill them, because they had come so far upriver that they were close to invading Lake Michigan.

Why were they so overflowingly plentiful? BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT DID NOT ALLOW FISHERMEN TO CATCH THEM OUT OF THE NORTHERN WATERS, TOWARD LAKE MICHIGAN.

How is that for government thinking? The invasive, deadly-to-others fish are PROTECTED so that fishermen cannot intercept them, or even thin their ranks (most people don't care to eat them, but they are worth something for lesser commercial uses, like a pet food ingredient or fertilizer). But when their numbers grow to overflowing in the waters in which they are protected, the government poisons them--along with every other fish that has not yet been crowded out of the same area.:(:(:(

I wish America did not have so many politicians who are STUPID. No fishermen could not earn money from these fish, they were protected, until the government poisoned every fish in the water.rant0000 rant0000 rant0000
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 395978 posted on 4-12-2009 at 09:02 Reply With Quote

Bloody Obama!

Obama fish killer!

But I didn't object because I wasn't a fish.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Mood: pensive

sad.gif Post 396019 posted on 4-12-2009 at 13:24 Reply With Quote
It gets worse

Obama had nothing to do with this.

But, this morning's news report brings worse news.

When the news yesterday said all the asian carp were killed, I imagined it was a lot of asian carp fish. This morning's report says that the state workers went through the dead fish to count just how bad the asian carp problem was (to what extent the invasive fish had gotten into the canal waters that were poisoned). Of all the dead fish floating on the water, they found exactly ONE ASIAN CARP!shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow

What was the cost of this program which poured poison into the water, killing all the fish? Three million dollars, according to the news. (That seems a suspiciously high figure to me. If someone is padding the figure to make the government look worse, they are bad in being dishonest.) rant0000 rant0000 rant0000
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.