Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Win32:Zbot-MKK [Trj] detected by Avast!
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 395846 posted on 3-12-2009 at 06:10 Reply With Quote
Win32:Zbot-MKK [Trj] detected by Avast!

I am using free Avast!, which Daz recommended. I got a siren sound saying that it detected Win32:Zbot-MKK [Trj] as file Opera.dll. It gave me some choices as to what to do with it. A prompt line suggested that I move the file to the "chest," which I did

Should that be the end of the matter? Or, will I find that the file with the trojan in it displaced a needed file, so my browser will have some kind of problem? I have not yet turned off my browser, which is. . . you guessed it, Opera!
Faolan
Super Moderator

Theme: Elegance

Mood: Hmm...

[*] Post 395849 posted on 3-12-2009 at 07:27 Reply With Quote

Avast screwed up, there's been a major issue with the AV software flagging programs as trojans/infected. I've also been affected but it was only the biometric security app I use so I ignored Avasts! Warnings.

They'll probably come out with a fix soon, it's first time I've seen anything like this from Avast!.

Edit: Several updates just came down the pipe, presumably they'll fix the fault.
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 395882 posted on 3-12-2009 at 13:35 Reply With Quote

You'll need to put the file back that is in the Avast chest. Or, possibly reinstall Opera...

When any security app throws up something like this, or an app that you know is ok, it's always best to Google for similar errors, in case it's a false positive...

As an aside, Malwarebytes still haven't sorted out their ip scanning issues and mark down some sites as suspect sites, when in fact they are nothing of the sort.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.