Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Every man for himself - the American Way
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 395800 posted on 2-12-2009 at 20:00 Reply With Quote
Every man for himself - the American Way

Ron Paul is no longer considered a nutjob apparently.

Quote:

Pull US troops out of Afghanistan. Leave Iran alone. Legalise drugs. Get the government out of people's private lives. Say no to the bailout of Wall Street fat cats. As a menu of policy prescriptions, you might think that this all puts Ron Paul on the Soviet wing of the Democratic party. But you'd be wrong.

The 74-year-old Congressman from Texas, with his skinny frame and his hangdog face, is about as unlikely a poster child for the future of the Republican party as you are likely to find, but his ideas have struck chords with libertarian-minded college kids. Dismissed last year as the token nutjob in the line-up of Republican presidential candidates, his insurgent campaign proved surprisingly tenacious. Young people at music festivals wore "Dr Paul cured my apathy" badges, he spawned an internet fund-raising movement that had echoes of Barack Obama from the other side, and to this day he has a stronger YouTube presence than any other Republican politician.
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 395824 posted on 2-12-2009 at 23:28 Reply With Quote

It is interesting that they try to put the spin on Fruity Ron attempting to identify him with the Republican Party.

If you read all of the article, at the bottom it states he left the Republican Party before 1988 which is 20 years ago and became a libertarian.waveysmiley
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 395829 posted on 2-12-2009 at 23:49 Reply With Quote

I wondered about that.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.