Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Uninvited guests get into Obama's state dinner for India
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 395427 posted on 30-11-2009 at 16:56 Reply With Quote
Uninvited guests get into Obama's state dinner for India

The party crashers managed to get past the security for the event, to mingle with the guests and get their pictures taken. They were there for social reasons/fame, not to harm the President or anyone else.

How could this happen? How could security be so lax? rant0000

The President should be well-protected at all times. What if the dinner had been breached by someone who wanted to kill the President? (Movies and novels have certainly shown how there are many ways to kill someone--poison, non-metallic guns, perhaps radioactive material.)

He needs to safely complete his term of service.

If he doesn't, we get---PRESIDENT BIDEN! shocked_yellowshocked_yellowshocked_yellow (Biden is a nice, likeable guy, but he tried to run for President, and almost no one voted for him. Brits probably don't know him, but Redwolf knows how Biden gets in the news for his careless remarks.)
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 395506 posted on 30-11-2009 at 23:42 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Michael Isikoff reports in Newsweek that the woman whose job used to be taking charge of guest lists for these events was demoted by Desiree Rogers, the White House social secretary, and then allowed to leave.

The practice of having a member of the social office standing next to the Secret Service to check guests was abandoned, so withdrawing an extra layer of security.
Telegraph
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 395509 posted on 1-12-2009 at 00:26 Reply With Quote

drop_down
I can't believe it! I didn't think it was the administration's fault.

It would be trully horrible if harm would come to Obama. I have heard that, when there are massive crowds wishing to be an one of his events, they start out checking everyone properly. Then, as the time draws near and there are thousands of people who have not been checked, they are let in anyway. Safety can be maintained, but not if steps are skipped.:(
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.