Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Today (Nov 3) is Election Day
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 392240 posted on 3-11-2009 at 16:57 Reply With Quote
Today (Nov 3) is Election Day

Today is Election Day in various states and cities in the U.S. (but, not all). One question which is being considered--after one year of total Democrat rule (overwhelming Democrat Party majorities in the House of Representatives and Senate, and President Obama as the Chief Executive), are voters encouraged to endorse the Democrat Party and its policies, or are they inclined to show disapproval?

There are three political contests which are drawing a lot of attention. One is governor of New Jersey, a state in which the Democrat Party has many hundreds of thousands more registered members than the Republicans. Another is governor of Virginia, a state which also went for President Obama in the last election. A third is New York District 23, in which a RINO (Republican-In-Name-Only) was put on the ballot by New York Republican Party leaders, but a Conservative was nominated by the Conservative Party, and proved to be more popular than the liberal Republican. The Republican withdrew as a candidate, and has endorsed the Democrat!shocked_yellow

If Obama is thought to be doing well, the Democrats should get all three contests easily. Will the Republicans win one or more? Will they be close?

The greater significance--Congressmen and Senators whose people are more conservative will be thinking, "If I support President Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, will I be re-elected when my time comes?" Our representatives have the option of being somewhat independent, pulling in whichever direction they think is best for their district or state. It is easier for the ruling party if they can get all their people to vote alike, but it doesn't always happen. If Democrats win strongly in these various contests, it will encourage the representatives to vote as their leadership wishes.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 392245 posted on 3-11-2009 at 17:51 Reply With Quote

I await the outcome with keen interest.
giron
Who Me? As if:)

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Inquisitive.

[*] Post 392256 posted on 3-11-2009 at 21:40 Reply With Quote

So do I.

[bad img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/indifferent/indifferent0020.gif[/bad img]
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.