Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Runaway balloon--feared to carry six-year-old boy
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 391019 posted on 15-10-2009 at 22:47 Reply With Quote
Runaway balloon--feared to carry six-year-old boy

An experimental lighter-than-air vehicle was followed by news outlets with helicopters, after it reportedly escaped its tether with a six-year-old boy aboard, in Colorado. A National Guard helicopter also followed.

The story was, the boy's brother saw him get into the balloon and then it was released. The saucer-shaped mylar balloon had no controls; this kind usually is let up on a tether, then brought down (sort of like a kite). It was loose for about two hours.

When the object hit the ground, no boy was found, and there was concern that perhaps the boy had been in a box under the aircraft, but that the box had fallen off.

After the craft set down without the boy, he was reportedly found hiding in a box in the attack. The house had been previously searched without finding the boy.

Was the child hiding because for fear of getting in trouble, for loosing the helium craft?

I've heard a radio host speculate that the father may have planned the whole thing as a publicity stunt. He has been on TV a couple times before. But, to what end? He would not make any money from it. It would only serve if he has a need for attention.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 391020 posted on 15-10-2009 at 22:48 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar

After the craft set down without the boy, he was reportedly found hiding in a box in the attack. The house had been previously searched without finding the boy.

Was the child hiding because for fear of getting in trouble, for loosing the helium craft?

I've heard a radio host speculate that the father may have planned the whole thing as a publicity stunt. He has been on TV a couple times before. But, to what end? He would not make any money from it. It would only serve if he has a need for attention.
Hiding in the attic - mmm. Childish prank whoever was involved.
giron
Who Me? As if:)

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Inquisitive.

[*] Post 391021 posted on 15-10-2009 at 23:02 Reply With Quote

So, this so called ' experimental lighter-than-air vehicle ' is just a ruddy balloon? confused2
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.