Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Scholar and Ruby
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

grin.gif Post 388048 posted on 10-9-2009 at 04:45 Reply With Quote
Scholar and Ruby

This evening I learned that Ruby, a lady whom I know from her work as a clerk at Dollar Tree, was willing to give me her phone number with a view toward setting up a date with her. I asked when I should call, and she told me she has tomorrow (Thursday) off.

I am looking for suggestions. What would make a good first date?

I have some time constraints, if the date is to happen tomorrow. I am to drop my son Tim off at work so that he can start at 12:30 pm and be picked up at 9:00. I have the time in between available, any section of which could be used for the date.

What do you folks here suggest? I only know her fairly superficially, as one chit-chats with a store person while they ring up items. I imagine our Dollar Tree corresponds to Britich Pound stores.
:D
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 388049 posted on 10-9-2009 at 06:03 Reply With Quote

My personal favourite first date was to spend a day at the Edinburgh Festival running between shows in different parts of the city and because there was lots going on the day was not only a lot of fun but the time passed quickly.

Maybe though for you a coffee in a shopping mall or somesuch would give you a chance to chat without spending too much money. No need to spend the whole day together for a first date.
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 388055 posted on 10-9-2009 at 08:04 Reply With Quote

That sounds a wonderful idea, MM; except that to go to the Edinburgh Festival they would have to travel.

But the principle is sound. Not too long. Lots of different stuff to interest you both, plenty of opportunity to talk about what is happening to you and around you.

I was going to suggest dinner but then that could end up in lots of embarrassing silences - although its a good opportunity to talk about each other and a film means sitting in the dark and not talking.

Do you know if you share any interests? That would be good. If you were both big art fans or Real Ale Drinkers.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.