Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Y.E. Yang overtakes Tiger Woods to win PGA of America championship.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 386260 posted on 16-8-2009 at 23:24 Reply With Quote
Y.E. Yang overtakes Tiger Woods to win PGA of America championship.

Woods had been leading through the 54th hole. Yang played well consistantly (with the exception of one bogey, on a hole that Woods also bogeyed), and gained on Woods when Woods uncharacteristically missed a number of putts.

Yang is from Seoul, South Korea, and his excellence and victory will be a cause for celebration. Golf is VERY popular in Asia.

I'm not sure if the commentator said this is the first Major victory by an Asian, or the first in recent memory.

Tiger Woods is an immensely talented golfer who has shown a great work ethic and a wonderful balance in his life. (I admire the fact that he took off some extra time to be with his family when he was not actively playing.)

I don't think Mr. Woods has ever suffered such a reversal as this, before. One poor day (Poor! As if any of us could come close to what Tiger can do on a BAD day for him!) cost him so much. But, I'm sure he will bounce back. Every day can't be an above-average day for anyone's personal average.:)

Congratulations to Mr. Yang. doffs_cap
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 386372 posted on 18-8-2009 at 15:28 Reply With Quote

It is the first by a Korean and well deserved too!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.