Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: no signal on monitor
gb7869
New User

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 383716 posted on 24-7-2009 at 14:09 Reply With Quote
no signal on monitor

Ok i was asked to look at a friends computer as it prob needed a system restore.

I thought nice easy solution. I was only given the main computer no leads monitor etc but not usually a problem as I use the ones from my PCs.

However this HP when I hook up gives me a no signal on all three monitors I have tried it on, the computer seems to be booting perfectly but nothing on the screen so can't be sure. --> conclusion something wrong with comp graphics card???. I have connected with different leads/monitors , wiggled inside to see if correct any loose connections to no avail.

Could the power leads used (as not got one from original computer - although i'm trying to get it) allow the computer to boot but not enough power to get graphics cards working, is this feasible.

I have asked what the original problem was as my friend knows nothing about computers and switched off as her dad explained knowing I would look at it, to comfirm if this was what was in fact wrong with it or a new problem.

Like I said previously I assumed it was a software problem easily rectified by a simple system restore, if not, any ideas how to resolve or check for faulty components before forking out cash for hardware.

Thanks: the computer is a HP Media Center m1190.uk Desktop PC, specs below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00268903&lc=en&dlc=cs&cc=cz&lang=cs&product=436204< br />
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Gina
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 383717 posted on 24-7-2009 at 14:17 Reply With Quote

When you say it "seems to be booting perfectly," that means that there are no beep codes from the self-test, and the lights which indicate hard drive activity look as if everything is fine--is that right?
gb7869
New User

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 383718 posted on 24-7-2009 at 14:29 Reply With Quote

yep no beeps and green light on, fans working etc.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.