Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Oh, I saw a digital camera I would like to have.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 378135 posted on 28-5-2009 at 21:48 Reply With Quote
Oh, I saw a digital camera I would like to have.

It only costs $20 new, and has a little preview screen. (I've owned a couple of cheap digital cameras without such a screen, and I've never learned to work them.:( I lost track of them before their software was ever installed on the computer).

The one I was examining said Windows 2000 or WinXP were minimum requirements.

I am thinking that, once the image was processed, I should be able to copy individual pictures to other computers with a USB thumb drive. (Or, would I be able to use a floppy for old computers? I don't know how many bytes a picture will take).

Those in the States can see the camera in their local Walgreen's Drug Store.

If I had such a camera, I would be posting in the picture competitions.;) I don't know if I would ever win, but--hey--it'll be more fun for others if they have another person to beat.:D

Someday. . . .
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 378137 posted on 28-5-2009 at 22:52 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I am thinking that, once the image was processed, I should be able to copy individual pictures to other computers with a USB thumb drive. (Or, would I be able to use a floppy for old computers? I don't know how many bytes a picture will take).

It'll depend on the "megapixel" of the digicam, on what size the image files will be... The greater the MP, the greater the image file size...

You shouldn't have too many issues with the USB stick, depending on it's capacity, and providing it works on the older PC... (Win98?) The same size scenario will apply to the Floppy disks, minus the compatibility issues...

Why are you still messing about with the old PC, I thought you were now using a better spec'd XP PC...?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 378144 posted on 28-5-2009 at 23:48 Reply With Quote

Daz, my friend Lisa is still using Windows 95, and she has no internet connection (no phone line, even). I could very well want to bring her some pictures to view.

I still see Windows 98 about from time to time, expecially on computers with limited resources. Some of the older, small hard drives seem a better fit for 98 than XP.

I really would do well to sort out my extra computers. Perhaps one of them should become a dedicated music machine to play CDs. Another could be a machine for older games. Etc.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.