Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: PC - Mac
DeWitch
I just know... naturally

Theme: Iconic

Mood: Lavender Blue;)

[*] Post 372977 posted on 20-4-2009 at 13:49 Reply With Quote
PC - Mac

Just posting a new topic to honor the bear's request.

Yesterday I was in Best Buy looking for a VCR for my Mom's birthday since hers died. You cannot buy those any more, only a combo of DVD & VHS (much more expensive naturally).

Hubby came with me but wandered off on his own so after giving up on the search for the VCR in there I went searching for Hubby and found him looking at the Macs.
He was telling me all it had and then asked if they were better than "the others" since the poor guy does not realize there is a big difference between Macs and PCs.
I said that everyone who has one says they are better and that we had looked at them when I got my very first PC many years ago and I wish I had gotten one then.
Then he said "Well when I bought you your last new one why did you not tell me you would have rather had a Mac?".
So then I had to explain to him that I stayed with PC because of all my programs/software and also that I never realized that MS would come out with the horrendous (IMO)
operating systems that they are developing now.
And he said "All the software does not come with the Mac?".
Of course there were lots of things on it that I would use but then I told him about PSP and PI and others and how I had to buy those separately and that the versions I have
are for Windows and won't work on Mac.

Do not expect much response to this post since it is just me rambling on - BUT if you have gotten this far:

Does anyone here have a Mac and can you tell me anything about the graphics editing programs you use with it?
What kind of mail program does it use and will it send scripted OE type stationery like the PC does, etc.?
I did see it has a web builder and I use FrontPage, which I love, but it doesn't work correctly with HISSta that I am stuck with now.
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 373021 posted on 20-4-2009 at 22:03 Reply With Quote

There are MAC O/S out there that will work on certain Intel, (and maybe AMD's, IIRC) systems, if you want to search them out and play.... Just be careful, read everything properly, and backup, backup, backup...!

It all depends on your current harware though I believe, whether you'll get it to install...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
DeWitch
I just know... naturally

Theme: Iconic

Mood: Lavender Blue;)

[*] Post 373036 posted on 20-4-2009 at 23:04 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
There are MAC O/S out there that will work on certain Intel, (and maybe AMD's, IIRC) systems, if you want to search them out and play.... Just be careful, read everything properly, and backup, backup, backup...!

It all depends on your current harware though I believe, whether you'll get it to install...

actually I was thinking more on the line of switching completely not messing with this thing any more,
when I hit the lottery of course:)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.