Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Dollhouse--a new TV show
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 366011 posted on 14-2-2009 at 01:59 Reply With Quote
Dollhouse--a new TV show

Dollhouse is Josh Whedon's new television series. (Whedon is best known for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Firefly).

[bad img]http://images.zap2it.com/programs/186603/p186603_ce_h1_aa.jpg[/bad img]
Eliza Dushku (who played Faith on Buffy) stars as Echo, who can be reprogrammed to have various identities in some fashion.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/02/dollhouse-week-joss-whedon-on-the-shows-origins-and-direction.html

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/02/dollhouse-week-an-interview-with-tahmoh-penikett.html
waffler
Proud to be called a BRIT

Theme: KF Blue

[*] Post 366049 posted on 14-2-2009 at 14:03 Reply With Quote

Methinks i'll give this prog a miss waggyfinger
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 366070 posted on 14-2-2009 at 18:31 Reply With Quote

I watched the first episode, and it was very well done.

Those who run the operation were engaged to provide an agent to recover a kidnapped child (to handle communications with the kidnappers, to make sure the child would indeed be recovered when the money was given to the kidnappers, to make sure the kidnappers would not panic and run off without the money, etc.).

The persona given to Echo was made up of a few of the very best, most successful people who had dealt kidnappers--a composite of their knowledge, judgement, and experiences.

I can't say more without this post being a spoiler for someone who will see it later. I will say, the acting is brilliant, the writing is brilliant, the reasoning behind what happens is very sharp.

One aspect that comes up early in the show--those who run the Dollhouse don't mind processes which cause great physical pain to their agents, because they can remove memory of that pain ever having happened.

The first episode, wisely, leaves most of the questions which spring to mind at the premise unexplored. What happens to the agents, that brings them to the Dollhouse in the first place? Do they ever get people who are initially unwilling? What happens after their time of service? What would they do if a client were not happy with the agent's service? What happens if the process they use does not take properly?

This could be a great show. I certainly like it better than the Terminater series which precedes it on the same broadcast network. ;)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.