Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: New (to ME) Toy
Redwolf5150
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 359444 posted on 9-12-2008 at 22:40 Reply With Quote
New (to ME) Toy

While Jackie and I were in Goodwill the other day looking for curtains (didn't find any she liked) I wandered into the furniture section to see if they had anything I could use for my office.

Found a box that was for a HP Photosmart C6280 all-in-one scanner/printer/copier marked $40.

Now I took it up to the counter and took everything out of the box. It turned out to be a C4100 model (The donor to Goodwill must have upgraded and used the box for the new machine to donate the old one). It did come with four cartridges (one was empty) the installation disk and the power cable. I had to buy a USB cable for it, but got a 10-foot one for $4 somewhere else.

Thing works great, as evidenced by this scann

[bad img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/redwolf5150/SignedShannon.gif[/bad img]

They make a special black and white ink cartridge for this machine that has two shades of grey and black that I might buy and try out sometime. Trouble is, it's $30, but who knows.

As it is, I needed a copier and a flatbed scanner. Got one at a decent price and helped a good (pardon the pun) cause at the same time.

:D
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 359465 posted on 10-12-2008 at 06:11 Reply With Quote

We have a Habitat for Humanity Resale store, Salvation Army, Yokefellow and Hospice resale stores. I try to make the rounds at least once a month and always seem to find some treasure along the way. waveysmiley
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)
Member Is Online

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 359605 posted on 12-12-2008 at 05:09 Reply With Quote

Congratulations, Redwolf.

Some of the charity thrift stores in my area have signs to the effect that they don't accept computers to resell. But, they do sometimes have computer accessories (keyboard, mouse, software).

If I wasn't already familiar with a printer, I'd be afraid that the ink cartridges might not be available, or might be very expensive.

<sigh> I have an old Epson printer that uses an ink ribbon and a tractor feed, but it was made in the DOS era. If I knew how to make it work with modern Windows . . .
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.