Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Game on windows vista stopped working
HannibalL

Theme: Forest

Mood: Well Happy

[*] Post 359039 posted on 4-12-2008 at 21:13 Reply With Quote
Game on windows vista stopped working

I have installed SPORE (game) and have been playing for about 3 days but now my pc says...spore has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avalible. I have checked many forums but can not find out how to solve this...i am running Windows Vista with a NVIDIA GEFORCE 9500 GS, AMD PHENOM 8550 TRIPLE CORE PROCESSOR. Please help as i am not happy at spending money on this game for it not to work after 3 days...i can not patch the game as i can not even run it.. i have tryed to uninstal and reinstal but still it wont work.(not happy)... can anyone help i have a brand new pc so has all up to date (ha) stuff for running games...
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 359055 posted on 5-12-2008 at 01:06 Reply With Quote

Googling the term "Spore has stopped working" brings up a lots of pages, and there is a few bits of advice to follow.

Some seem to suggest EA's download manager might be part of the problem, and there is also advice on uninstalling, as it seems not to uninstall from the regular Control Panel/Programs setting, but instead under Games Explorer...?? (No Vista install to hand currently I'm afraid)

Games ain't my thing really, so I'm not much help, but you should be able to get started, hopefully.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Dreamweaver
The Phantom....

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Empty....

[*] Post 359062 posted on 5-12-2008 at 01:47 Reply With Quote

Part of your problem may be your graphics card/OS etc may be "too new" for the game. Or a simple change in your game display panel is all that's needed.
I would advise joining the forums of any game I play, giving them your Operating System and computer spefics, they can easily identify most problems occuring within their game.
Please remember though. only follow what the gamemaster/techs advise, as I have had many a problem following Joe public only to find a simple change of game display was all that was needed.
I wish you well Hannibalt, I love gameplaying.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.