Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: "Remanufactured" Ink!!
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 356544 posted on 8-11-2008 at 19:39 Reply With Quote
"Remanufactured" Ink!!

So many of my friends seemed to think that I was mad for always buying original inks - I decided to give compatibles a try - and wish I hadn't bothered!!!

Bought two cartridges for my Canon Pixma 150, a black, and a colour one, from http://www.printerinks.com. They were described as 'remanufactured', and compatible with my canon printer.

Installed them this morning, tried to print out a document and received the following message:-

"The following ink cartridges cannot be recognised - Black, Colour. Printing cannot be executed because the ink cartridge may not be compatible with this printer. Install the appropriate cartridge/s."

I removed them, and put back the originals - the printer then gave the message that these were both empty, and refused to print. So here I am, 38s poorer, up the creek without a printer, and a document needed for a deadline, that I am now going to have to pay to print elsewhere!!

Any advice Guys ???

I have tried to contact the retailer. The telephone was on answerphone - the kind that doesn't take messages - so I have emailed them. Received a standard "we are dealing with your enquiry" reply.

I wish I had paid the extra and bought the 'real' ones now!!
Dreamweaver
The Phantom....

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Empty....

[*] Post 356548 posted on 8-11-2008 at 20:37 Reply With Quote

It depends how old your printer is really Nim, I wouldn't use anything other than originals while the printer is under a warranty.

As the world of PC's/printers etc move so fast that after 12 months the originial ink is probably worth more than the printer, as seen here

I would, if I were you look for a new printer. :(
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 356551 posted on 8-11-2008 at 20:59 Reply With Quote

Some time ago (perhaps a year?), I remember the Kodak company had an advertizing campaign promoting their new line of printers, which used LESS EXPENSIVE INK. If you do decide to buy another printer, they might be worth a look.

I used to have an HP printer for which I could refill the ink cartridge myself by ink injection, and I was happy with it. It served me for some years, and was used already when I got it. The HP printer I use now requires that I take it in to a drug store to have the cartridge refilled for $10 each time. My software complains that it can't read how full the cartridge is, but it nonetheless prints.:D
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.