Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: A Strange Land.
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 351216 posted on 29-9-2008 at 04:32 Reply With Quote
A Strange Land.

To be read with strains of the Moody Blues playing in the back ground,

In the valley of silence where the air is so thin that the thoughts of humanity rattle as they are extruded from pulsating brains, the very centre of existance can be found: For it is here that the energy of an agile mind can grasp the inticate threads of the theory of life. The answers are revealed to the frozen cravassesm where they are crystalised and held in the translucent blue ice to be collected by the Gods as they wing down from thier rocky atolls, faint and spectral, enveloped in veils of diaphanous mist.
These golden revalations will be dispersed upon the winds and carried to the four corners of the world, a silent testimony to the mystic power that reason reason in its grasp.

It is here within the walls of this frozen sanctuary that the skeleton of the world can be seen laid bare. It bears witness to the eternal beauty which man cannot corrupt and time cannot mar.
To look upon these mighty portals is to behold the key to the universe, the crenellated mountains across the valley reach up trying to fold the gathering cummulus about them; reluctant in thier nakedness to bestow thier knowledge to the mortal comprehension that gazes ravenously on.

Sadly the lessons and the learning have to be of short duration, for having tasted the exquiste joy of existance we must return to the world of material things, to things of war and grief, of misery and greed, suffering and sufferance. We bring with us our own inflated egos to try and ajust to a world of yesterdays, living always for another confrontation with wisdom.

Written when I was under the impression that I could make a difference.

Regards, the Bear.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 351246 posted on 29-9-2008 at 12:00 Reply With Quote

You have made a difference, O'Bear. Just not in the way you imagined when you penned these lines. How many of your friends and family would be the poorer for never having known you!

I understand why you though Moody Blues, "Lovely to see you again my friend" was wafting around my brain as I read. I think the album was "For Certain Because" but am too lazy to look it up.
Nimuae
Rajkumari

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Enigmatic !

[*] Post 351339 posted on 30-9-2008 at 09:07 Reply With Quote

Quote:
In the valley of silence where the air is so thin that the thoughts of humanity rattle

What an absolutely stunning opening line! A really lovely essay, with several brilliant descriptions. You certainly have a way with words, Bear.
More please !!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.