Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Where's the time gone...?
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 348320 posted on 7-9-2008 at 00:35 Reply With Quote
Where's the time gone...?

Out little fella starts Pre-School on Monday, I can't believe where the time has gone already...!

Mrs Daz is getting worked up, at the thought of leaving him. Not that she has to do so straight away, but she knows deep down he's not going to need her there, and she's finding the "letting go" stage a bit difficult ATM. (I'm sure when the time has come, she'll wonder why she got herself in such a tizzy.)

ATM, it looks like they'll be kicking her out because if they leave it up to her to decide, she'll be with him until he starts High School...! :D ;)

Just thought I'd share that, and maybe some of you Mums will have some words of wisdom I can share with her... ;) ('Cos she ain't listening to me...!) :D
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 348334 posted on 7-9-2008 at 01:44 Reply With Quote

Mrs. Daz, it will be easier for him if you don't make a fuss, and you make a clean break (don't make a big deal out of the good-bye, don't linger at the door, etc.).

I understand it's not uncommon for such a child to cry until his mind goes on to something else (which may happen pretty quickly, once you are out of sight and he sees other kids to play with and new things to handle). But, if you are all upset about parting, he is sure to pick up on it and get more upset too.waveysmiley
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 348339 posted on 7-9-2008 at 02:51 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Mrs. Daz, it will be easier for him if you don't make a fuss, and you make a clean break (don't make a big deal out of the good-bye, don't linger at the door, etc.).

I understand it's not uncommon for such a child to cry until his mind goes on to something else (which may happen pretty quickly, once you are out of sight and he sees other kids to play with and new things to handle). But, if you are all upset about parting, he is sure to pick up on it and get more upset too.waveysmiley

You haven't read the OP properly Scholar, it's Mrs D that'll have the issues, not my lad... Very much doubt he'll shed any tears...!
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.