Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Super Lambananas
gina78
New User

Theme: Ice Blue

Mood: Stressing & bore

[*] Post 346567 posted on 23-8-2008 at 16:49 Reply With Quote
Super Lambananas

For all those people who live outside of liverpool/wirral I thought i'd give you a peak at the latest public art exhibition for Liverpool's capital of culture.

It began with a 17ft long and 10ft high super lambanana that I used to walk past daily as it was located outside Liverpools JMU library. Oh and it was bright yellow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/warhead/69003/

Tell me what you think..

There are now an additional 124 smaller superlambananas designs of which were created by various group from the local community.
Between the 16th June and 25th August these will be on display all over the city and has ultimately led to a mass search in locating each individual lambanana.

http://issuu.com/liverpool/docs/superlambanas?mode=embed&documentId=080718095525-e2386615b77a490b8d397d9cc319bed5&layout =grey

I have personally embarked on the hunt for these lambananas with bernard and the kids and have found about 80 out of the 124 lambananas that are dotted around liverpool & the wirral.

They even run a story regarding an escaped lambanana....

http://www.thegreatsuperlambanana.typepad.com/

All in all i found it a good day out; in that it was free, we got lots of good exercise and fresh air walking to the various locations and it also took us to parts of Liverpool that I had not seen before (meeting other hunters on the way), the kids loved it too. Although We haven't located all of them (as I know that it has become an obsession for some people) I am glad I was able to take part in an extremely captivating exhibition during Liverpools capital of culture year. If your local and you have a spare day I would recommend following the trail as it ends soon after which some lambananas will be auctioned off for charity.

What are your thoughts?
Dreamweaver
The Phantom....

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Empty....

[*] Post 346593 posted on 23-8-2008 at 21:35 Reply With Quote

I think your sister's fiancÚ has you beat. I think he only needs 8 to finish, they were out tonight looking.
Is this an excuse to party????? You get out your pacman, I'll get out the flower power dress :P

Seriously though, it must have been a good day out. Should have given me a ring :) :)

PS Next big party is a meet @ Ruthin Castle for a mediaevil banquet :)
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 346678 posted on 24-8-2008 at 12:04 Reply With Quote

If I understand it correctly, this is an art exhibition which focuses upon these Lambananas. As a side issue, but also very valid, is the "life, be in it" message of getting out into the community to find these sculptures.

Am I correct? If so, bl***y good idea, if not, what am I missing?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.