Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: My new Inspiron 1720
TooCute4Words
Look..its me again

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Just plain busy!!!

[*] Post 343984 posted on 29-7-2008 at 21:31 Reply With Quote
My new Inspiron 1720

I was moaning & moaning about running out of space on my last 5 year old Packard Bell laptop computer which had such a small hard-drive I was starting to go insane :o

Anyway, I have bought this,

[bad img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee172/laptop_vtsg/lt_dell_inspiron_1720_f.jpg[/bad img]

I was advised strongly to opt for Dell and the Inspiron is being championed - so I hear?

I could have bought the standard one for 429 direct from Dell. But instead I was visiting Curry's superstore and saw the bigger better version, so I said goodbye to 600 shocked_yellow and hello to the new computer.

It took ages to get online, as AOL were having some problems at there end and I had to wait for the new wireless router. I was lucky enough to get my monthly subscription of 17.99 reduced to 12.99...

It took me to buy a new computer, just to get offered that new deal.....Charming!!!

Anyway, It's a lot better :D

If you Click on this I get a bit annoyed though.

Firstly, they only give the computer 5.9 out of 10

and in America, it's only $799

Well obviously we are getting ripped off in the UK, if that is how much it costs in America.

That's ridiculous imo
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 343999 posted on 30-7-2008 at 01:14 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by TooCute4Words

That's ridiculous imo

No more than you spending 600 quid on a Dell... </snigger>
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
SRD
rantipole

Theme: Calm

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 344034 posted on 30-7-2008 at 07:05 Reply With Quote

Both MrsSRD and myself have Dells and we're very happy with them, but both were picked up in Dell's own bargain basement at a time when the specs for our particular models weren't up to the demand for games abilities (in my case) or Vista (in MrsSRD's case). Mine is a couple of years older than hers and is well below her spec although it cost more than hers originally. But I wouldn't use AOL if you paid me.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.