Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Hebrew for Christians website
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 343719 posted on 27-7-2008 at 23:03 Reply With Quote
Hebrew for Christians website

Here it is.

I linked to the Hebrew meditations page because it is more interesting than the home page.:D

I have wondered if I am supposed to be able to hear things on the site, which has what look like sound speaker icons--but I don't hear anything on my browser.

I have to see Hebrew written in Hebrew characters to "get it." Trying to understand a transliterated sentence, to me, is harder than the LOL I can haz cheezburgers messages. To start with, it throws me that the transliterations are always left-to-right, and Hebrew is right-to-left.

I pronounce my waw like wow (w sound), not like vav (v sound). I wonder if there is Yiddish or German-background to the web site, somewhere? I have always seen Yahweh, not Yahveh, for the Lord's own name as revealed to Moses.

Have a look. waveysmiley
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 343723 posted on 27-7-2008 at 23:55 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I have wondered if I am supposed to be able to hear things on the site, which has what look like sound speaker icons--but I don't hear anything on my browser.

Click the speaker icon...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 343730 posted on 28-7-2008 at 03:21 Reply With Quote

I found my problem, Daz. The Hebrew readings come by means of flash player, which is only working with my other browser.

I was looking for something like a wav or mp3 file, which would work with my usual browser.:)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.