Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Answers to prayer
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 343518 posted on 26-7-2008 at 02:03 Reply With Quote
Answers to prayer

I mentioned somewhere in KF that the wife in an elderly couple was expected to die from kidney failure. I (and others) prayed for her, and her kidney function returned. She was discharged from the hospital. The doctor has not found it necessary to give her dialysis. Her husband has told me it is a miracle.

A young lady I know confided to me that her doctor told her she has hepatitis B, and asked for prayer. She was very upset at the possibility that she may have passed it on to her son (I think he's around ten). I did pray, of course.

Today, she told me that another doctor looked in the folder and said, "No, the other doctor misread it. It doesn't say you HAVE hepatitis B. It says 'immunized - hepatitis B'"shocked_yellow

I realize that such an answer to prayer--one in which the person does come out healthy, but the reported condition was in error all along--does not make as powerful a testimony as when symptoms and test results are reversed. But for my friend and I, any answer that comes out disease-free is more than welcome, one for which we thank the Lord.

Does anyone here care to share specific answers to prayer?

I know of people who have prayed for things, not really expecting a positive answer, and who have been surprised when they got the answer they wanted. (The Bible says to pray with faith--which includes confidence--but I have heard of even timid, I-don't-think-it-will-happen prayers being answered.)
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 343519 posted on 26-7-2008 at 02:08 Reply With Quote

P.S. I find myself praying with people as well as for them more and more.

And they are pretty straightforward prayers (I nearly said "bare bones prayers"), not anything especially dramatic or poetic.
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 343673 posted on 27-7-2008 at 13:40 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
P.S. I find myself praying with people as well as for them more and more.

Can you pray for me that I'll find a nice partner? Doesn't have to be good looking, young or rich. Just faithful (to me:D) and kind would be greatkewl_glasses
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.