Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Data recovery
grayles

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: lurking

[*] Post 340281 posted on 21-6-2008 at 14:40 Reply With Quote
Data recovery

Hi, by mistake I have reformatted (quick reformat) a full hard drive instead of a partition on it, and there is a lot of data on there that I would like to recover.

Can anyone suggest a decent, reliable and preferably free program to recover this data.

Thanks
Graham
KOUROSH
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 340292 posted on 21-6-2008 at 16:57 Reply With Quote

i doubt it if there is a freeware data recovery which can do a satisfactory job, your best option is to go to partitioning software site and they tend to have software which can recover data from their partitioned hard drive (i my view highly unlikely to find a freeware). you can try google just type freeware data recovery, anything you will see is limited and that will not do what you want. do not do anything on that hardrive just leave it till you are sure you have got the right software to do the job. if even you buy one try to practice on another drive before you try it on the formatted drive (not an easy job)
KOUROSH
Custom User Title

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 340783 posted on 27-6-2008 at 12:53 Reply With Quote

link below is for a software which allows you to try their software but whether you will succeed in recovering your data that is another matter, your best option as i said is try the software company which you used their partitioning software

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.