Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Preacher's Panic - Trinity
janet
Mismatched shoes

Theme: Forest

Mood: Devastated

[*] Post 338046 posted on 30-5-2008 at 17:22 Reply With Quote
Preacher's Panic - Trinity

Having mentioned an old tutor, I've just found this by one of the tutors we had that year (he wasn't at Fordham at the time!).

It's a very interesting explanation of the Trinity - well, exposition, rather than explanation. It's the way I've explained the Trinity for some time, and I could never remember where I had heard the explanation first - now, I think I can safely assume it must have been from Fr. Davies. :)

If you've ever puzzled over the whole idea of the Trinity, this might be worth a look...
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 338096 posted on 31-5-2008 at 01:49 Reply With Quote

That's a pretty good exposition in terms of relating to human understanding.kewl_glasses

One expression I didn't like was this:
Quote:
the bond between them is God the Holy Spirit

It sounds as if the Holy Spirit is more like a thing, than are the Father and Son. I think there might be a better way of putting it.

I do not thereby mean to be harsh with Father Davies. It may be that a conversation with him would find that he also uses other expressions which express the personal nature of the Holy Spirit clearly, and he might tell me some reasons as to why he chooses to include this weaker wording.:)
janet
Mismatched shoes

Theme: Forest

Mood: Devastated

[*] Post 338101 posted on 31-5-2008 at 11:06 Reply With Quote

Wry grin - that conversation, I'd like to see. Br Brian - as he was when we knew him - is formidably intelligent and used to leave most of us standing around saying, "Um, what?" - part of that, though, was the very thick accent we'd never heard before... he used to argue with one of the other students who was from Brooklyn - that was something to hear. :)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.