Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Utilities - do you shop around?
Quaver
The Q

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

[*] Post 335159 posted on 9-5-2008 at 15:41 Reply With Quote
Utilities - do you shop around?

There used to be only one choice for gas and electricity depending on where you lived. But now with so many choices, do you shop around?

I changed to Atlantic back in 2005 after going to one of those comparison sites. Today I went there to check, and it's still cheapest for gas, but not for electricity:o It says British Gas is better (for electricity!). Will save about 40/year. Will have to move back then...lips_sealed

As for phone, I'm still with good old BT:D But am thinking of going over to Tiscali line rental...scared_stiff

Who do you pay?
hawklord
Full time Regular

Theme: Purple

Mood: serene

[*] Post 335186 posted on 9-5-2008 at 18:05 Reply With Quote

hi,

her indoors sorts the gas and electrikery out :huh),

but i do know that we are with bt for the phone and tiscali for bb - i worked it out and we are a few squid better off per month doing it that way,

my mobile is with vodaphone contract, but there is limited usage where we live so i'm going to sack it, don't see the point in paying for something i can't use (got a good phone off them though)
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User This User Has MSN Messenger
crikey
junk male

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: gruntled

[*] Post 335187 posted on 9-5-2008 at 18:17 Reply With Quote

Coincidence, that, Quaver. I had an unsolicited call from energywatch a couple of nights ago. Like you, I'm with Atlantic, for both gas and electric, and have been for a few years now. But, because I pay on an "evened-out" monthly average basis by direct debit, I couldn't really give any actual annual costs. So, on a worst case estimate of 1000 a year for both, I got a "best-case" saving of under 6%, but only if I switched to British Gas for electricity, too.

Frankly, I just don't think it's worth the hassle. If you grab one saving, you can bet there'll be another one just around the corner, and on and on it goes.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.