Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Old age
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 334946 posted on 7-5-2008 at 15:45 Reply With Quote
Old age

When I came home from work, I had to slow down to let an elderly gentleman cross the road. His back was stopped and he had to shuffle over the road very slowly then he got in to his car. He thanked me for waiting - as if I'd have done anything else!

I could look at this in two ways - either this is the triumph of the human spirit over adversity or this is the tragedy of reaching old age and becoming more and more dependent on others.

Do you personally want to reach a ripe old age?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 334950 posted on 7-5-2008 at 16:05 Reply With Quote

I'd be happy to go to heaven right now. It won't happen, unless the Lord in His wisdom will take good care of everything through other means.

Since I trust and affirm that human life is God's gift, to be enjoyed even in times of pain or limitations, I am also a candidate to be a witness in such circumstances. I am not eager for it, but it might happen.

My first preference would be to teach, to love, and to be loved my whole life, whether short or long.:)
TooCute4Words
Look..its me again

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Just plain busy!!!

[*] Post 334951 posted on 7-5-2008 at 16:11 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

Do you personally want to reach a ripe old age?

Not past 80 really. I'd prefer to die during my sleep, nice an peacefully. It can't be much fun being very ill for years, suffering from Cancer or Heart Disease and knowing that eventually they may be rushed to hospital and spend their last few days, weeks or months in a hospital bed while they have to keep you alive, but under drugs :(

I'd want Euthanasia to be law in the UK in that instance, but instead they want to keep us living longer - so they say?

God knows how the Government will be able to afford to give out the state pension in years to come - all these oldies living longer and longer
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.