Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Mandriva Linux
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 333107 posted on 27-4-2008 at 14:36 Reply With Quote
Mandriva Linux

I've just installed this on a spare PC, the live CD wouldn't give me permission to access the HDD, (no permission) as a "guest" I could find no way to set my permissions.

The first effort at installing it on the hdd, seemed to be painless until it came to "registration".
I entered my details, username and password, clicked on "create my account". I then get a white window with a black border with the word "true" in the top left hand corner, followed by nothing else.

A quick re-start (press the reset button) and I get to go through the registration process again. The message this time is "Account already exists for this email address". I'm beginning to wonder if Ubuntu is worth another try.
hawklord
Full time Regular

Theme: Purple

Mood: serene

[*] Post 333110 posted on 27-4-2008 at 15:32 Reply With Quote

hi,

the live cd only runs in your memory, the cd won't let me access any of my hdd's as this would mean i could write to them using ntfs-3g, as you may be aware - some problems could arise if i could,

as for the registration - hmmm - i never (and still havn't) registered mine and i've been using it for quite a while, complete with all the updates/software from mandriva and plf
View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User This User Has MSN Messenger
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 333238 posted on 28-4-2008 at 10:18 Reply With Quote

I've worked it out, it was a pop-up which looked as if it wouldn't go away unless i completed it. I'm through that now, I then tried a software update and the system promptly fell over again, this time wanting to send a report to the development forum about that, which I did. I've now got it loaded on two old machines and, when I have time, will play some more. Now.... if any one can tell me what two short followed by four short beeps in an IBM netvista BIOS is..... (The Hardware Maintenance Manual says nothing!)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.