Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Postmen and Dogs
TooCute4Words
Look..its me again

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Just plain busy!!!

[*] Post 332339 posted on 22-4-2008 at 22:39 Reply With Quote
Postmen and Dogs

I have had three Dogs in my lifetime and each and everyone of them has a serious problem with 'Postmen'.

Perhaps it is just instinct for most dogs to dislike them and when he see him coming towards our house, our Dog looks though our net curtains, he jumps up and barks and runs to the front door while the Postman puts the letters through our letterbox and barks and barks.

I know that being a Postman must be hard, as they must be aware that Dogs don't like them.

One day - while going to the door to a Postman, who had a parcel for me, our Dog barged through the door and ran towards the Postman. I say (Ran towards) as the Postman dived off backwards saying, Wo!! Wo!! whatever language that is? hahaha!! :D anyway, fortunately our Dog only barked and didn't attack him

But some dogs do.

So the answer is basically, if you want to be a Postman, don't expect to be liked by Dogs - thats all I can say really,

well...except, Woof! Woof! :P
giron
Who Me? As if:)

Theme: KF Blue

Mood: Inquisitive.

[*] Post 332341 posted on 22-4-2008 at 22:46 Reply With Quote

Most dogs seem to have a desire to ' protect ' their owners property, so they tend to bark when a stranger approaches the door.

Even if you have a regular post person, the dog might be reacting to the uniform?
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 332346 posted on 23-4-2008 at 00:34 Reply With Quote

Our small yorkie barks at everybody more in excitement that anything (she would lick you to death before she would bit you ).

My older dog, a big hairy monster ( Wolfhound, Bearded collie cross) is so laid back he seldom gets that excited to bark at any body except the postman, he's always done it.

Its a DOG thing

Regards the Bear
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.