Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Tough enough for church
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 328161 posted on 31-3-2008 at 19:50 Reply With Quote
Tough enough for church

One of the ladies who attends our church was there again this past Sunday, but she was on crutches. She told us she is in excruciating pain, the worst she has ever felt in her life (and she is a mother--she said this pain is worse than labor).

She says the doctor thinks it is her sciatic nerve.

She did not stand up for anything, except to go to Holy Communion. Some of the time, she rested her head against the pew in front of her, the way one does when pain is too bad to ignore.

She had to go up and down steps to get into the Nave, because our old church does not have wheelchair ramps.

She might have been in too much pain to go shopping, or go to work, or go out to eat, but she cared too much about church--receiving God's gifts and returning thanks to him in worship--to miss it.

The Lord has truly blessed her.
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 328234 posted on 1-4-2008 at 09:26 Reply With Quote

Has he ?
or is that just your interpretation of being blessed , if so i don't want be blessed, I am beginning to think SRD has a point when you impress your interpretation of a blessing on us,and remember Scholar it is only your interpretation, it could be a blessing to be being disabled but for the life in me i cant see how, to me it is a warped way of thinking that pain and disablement is a blessing sent from some unknown deity in the sky, I think the majority of people in the 21 century look on it quite differently other wise the hospitals would not be over flowing and have you asked if she is taking any pain relief for her sciatica if so she must be thwarting the lords plan for his designated pain sent to her.
if you took a democratic vote on this forum how many people would vote that pain is a blessing from on high. not many i would vouch, I wonder if Simon would consider your remark as personal affront agianst his
credulity?jmb
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 328241 posted on 1-4-2008 at 10:34 Reply With Quote

I have agree with John, it's a bit odd to call her blessed, IMO anyway.

Insensitive even, maybe...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.