Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Cut us a little slack, please?
janet
Mismatched shoes

Theme: Forest

Mood: Devastated

sad.gif Post 327835 posted on 29-3-2008 at 11:55 Reply With Quote
Cut us a little slack, please?

I am quietly seething.

I don't actually think of myself as stupid, insane, irrational or illiterate.

Stupid? Doubt it - along with the idea of being illiterate, the fact that I have a terminal degree, two books to my name and two more in editing, 30+ published articles, do the job I do and the consultancy I do - well, I'd argue I'm not actually stupid, dim or dull.

Insane? More likely - I have teenagers. :} But if I'm insane - well, that doesn't bode well for other areas of my work.

Irrational? I realise that some don't think the social sciences are worth much but doing the job I do, holding the qualifications I do, etc. - argues at least SOME criticiality and rationality.

Etc....

But - here's the kicker - I'm a believing Christian.

Therefore, according to recent posts here, I *am* insane, offensive (by the nature of my beliefs), irrational, etc.

Cut us some slack, folks?

Why, yes, this IS a rant. Feel free to delete it if you like but I'm rather tired of coming here to read the same thing again and again. If people have problems with particular beliefs or expressions thereof, fine - but let's stop tarring *one third of the planet* with the same brush, ok?
SRD
rantipole

Theme: Calm

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 327843 posted on 29-3-2008 at 12:28 Reply With Quote

Why is it acceptable to you to post this, re-inforcing as it does the idea that just because you are a believing christian you are at liberty to be offensive to others but those others aren't at liberty to be offensive to you and your views?
janet
Mismatched shoes

Theme: Forest

Mood: Devastated

[*] Post 327844 posted on 29-3-2008 at 12:33 Reply With Quote

WHERE have I been offensive to others?

WHERE have I been offensive to the views of others?

There are those here whose views I do not agree with. I respect their right to their views, and though I may debate about some of them, I do NOT tell them that they are insane, irrational, etc.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.