Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Good Friday
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 326780 posted on 22-3-2008 at 05:21 Reply With Quote
Good Friday

This Friday now past, Christians especially remembered what the Lord Jesus suffered to be the Savior, taking on Himself the punishment for all humanity's sins.

At our church, the pastor followed the tradition of omitting the customary benediction, a sign of the fact the service is not really concluded, but continued until the victory demonstrated in Jesus' resurrection.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 326788 posted on 22-3-2008 at 09:41 Reply With Quote

My church will have a dawn service down at the beach on Sunday to signify renewal and resurrection. It's very effective. Thankfully breakfast is available afterwards.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 326824 posted on 22-3-2008 at 14:05 Reply With Quote

A beach service sounds great to me.:D

I've been to "sunrise" services that are not really at sunrise, but are earlier than the usual service, indoors. I've participated in outdoor service (which was hard for some of the people, because it was cold and they didn't dress for it). Most churches I've attended do all they can with respect to music on Resurrection Sunday--one or two choirs, extra instruments,

One year, the choir sang in the early church service, and I played with another guitarist and sang with him and another singer in the second service. I'm sure we added to the service, but we were not ready for the recording studio. I said to the congregation, "If you liked our music, that's good. But if we've helped you to appreciate the regular choir more, that's good, too." greengrin greengrin greengrin

My church is going to have a breakfast on Sunday morning, and we're going to have an egg hunt with plastic eggs of candy, in addition to the morning service.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.