Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: NO VIDEO INPUT
Pete Hill
Familiar Face

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 325442 posted on 14-3-2008 at 08:28 Reply With Quote
NO VIDEO INPUT

Hi all,
Hope someone can help as usual.
I left my partners pc running to convert an avi file and burn it to dvd.
When I went back to it a couple of hours later it had succesfully done this but I had a blank screen (not the blue screen of death) with the message "NO VIDEO INPUT". This is the usual message that shows on start up then quickly disappears and the same message that shows when the monitor is switched on without the pc.
PC switches on OK as far as I can tell and I have tried a different monitor so am now hoping for some advice.
Thanks
Pete
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 325457 posted on 14-3-2008 at 10:22 Reply With Quote

First off, check everything is seated properly inside the case, especially your Graphics card, and RAM. Check cables too. Re-seat things if necessary, taking them out, and then putting them back into place. (Remember to earth yourself, or at least hold a Radiator for 30 seconds before starting touch things inside, etc..)

If that doesn't work, you will need to try an alternative Graphics card... (What were you using before, onboard or card type?) Some units come with standard GFX card, which is being used, but will also have an onboard option too, I just wondered if you , maybe, just maybe, had this option?

The other possibility that comes to mind, is either a faulty PSU, Mobo, or CPU even...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Pete Hill
Familiar Face

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 325458 posted on 14-3-2008 at 10:29 Reply With Quote

Cheers Daz. Will try reseating everything and let you know how I get on.
Cheers
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.