Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: BSOD 0x0000008E
Flip2k
New User

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 325193 posted on 11-3-2008 at 03:11 Reply With Quote
BSOD 0x0000008E

Ok so I have been having real problems with my video feed recently, it's been scrambling constantly and I keep having to reboot my computer because eventually the feed would just die. So this has been happening for a week or so and today it seems to have finally got me. I get this error now when trying to boot up.

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for friver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. IF you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8059AEA4, 0xF6892BCC, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

_
Basically I don't know what to do...
John Barnes
Radical Freethinker

Theme: Coffee

Mood: benign

[*] Post 325222 posted on 11-3-2008 at 10:19 Reply With Quote

this what Microsoft have to say

CAUSE
This issue is caused by a code problem in GDI+ (the graphics device interface for Windows XP).

Back to the top
RESOLUTION
Service pack information
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322389 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322389/) How to obtain the latest Windows XP service pack

Back to the top

(I would check my graphics card is securely in its slot start up in safe mode by tapping f5 or f 8 key and adjust my display to a lower aspect in display in control panel then shut down and restart normally see if that makes a difference) you do have service pack two on the machine ? jmb
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 325223 posted on 11-3-2008 at 10:37 Reply With Quote

Looks like there are a few things behind that error code, but the main one seems to be a RAM (Memory) issue...

Test your RAM with these....

Memtest86 (I prefer this one myself)

Windows Memory Diagnostic

But it seems from doing a quick Google that others have had other hardware problems with this error code. Things like faulty/underpowered Power Supply, Harddrive or even Motherboard.

This is what M$ say about it...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315335
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.