Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Prayer desired-to find stuff
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319685 posted on 8-2-2008 at 04:38 Reply With Quote
Prayer desired-to find stuff

<sad sigh> I've been missing the wallet with my driver's license in it for more than an week. The wallet also had some money in it. I'm also trying to find the license plate stickers which I was supposed to put on my license plate no later than Feb. 1, indicating my auto registration is paid up. I think I remember tossing the envelope somewhere (like on a desk or on a pile of stuff), and they slid off (perhaps onto the floor) somewhere. But, where? I am also missing a remote control to a DVD player, and a remote control to a TV. I've also been missing some sets of keys for several months. Prayers about any of these are desired.:)

On the good side, while looking, I found a pocket notebook that has been missing for perhaps 6 months, and it has some important information in it. I also found a bank envelope of money from when I cashed a paycheck, and forgot to put the money in my wallet.:banana):banana):banana):banana):banana):banana)
SRD
rantipole

Theme: Calm

Mood: No Mood

[*] Post 319703 posted on 8-2-2008 at 08:00 Reply With Quote

I used to live in chaos like that (another market story coming up).
We used to get hefty Christmas bonuses (several hundreds of pounds, and this was 30 years ago) which was paid, on Christmas Eve, part in cash and part in a cheque. It was a fairly liquid morning in the market and when I got back to the cottage I was renting I hunted around for a safe hiding place, not wanting to carry that amount of cash around the pubs I intended visiting that night. I put the cheque in my wallet. On the first banking day after Christmas I hunted high and low for that cash, but, almost entirely due to the quantities of alcohol imbibed over the Christmas period, I couldn't for the life of me remember where I had hidden it, so I was a little despondent only to pay the cheque into the bank.
18 months later I was moving, and a girlfriend was helping me pack everything up; "What's this?" she asks, holding up a Tibetan lamas hat (that's another story) "And what's this inside it?". There, neatly rolled up in the point of the hat was 500. Whoopee!!!
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 319723 posted on 8-2-2008 at 10:06 Reply With Quote

You've spoken about these things before scholar. Are they still lost or lost again?

I can't cope with living in chaos. The occasional "find" could not make up for the stress of losing things imo.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.