Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Top ten McCain quotes
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319679 posted on 8-2-2008 at 03:17 Reply With Quote
Top ten McCain quotes

Here's the link, by a blogger who is critical of McCain

It highlights his foul angry language (thinly disquised) and some things he has said which conservatives don't like.

Edit: My link didn't work. Here it is raw:

http://dg.specificclick.net/?u=http%3A//race42008.com/2008/02/05/top-10-john-mccain-quotes/&r=

If someone can figure out how to edit it to make it work?confused2
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319680 posted on 8-2-2008 at 04:17 Reply With Quote

Quote:
10. "The first thing that I would do is call in John Kerry, Bob Kerrey, Joe Biden, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Henry Kissinger, Dick Lugar, Chuck Hagel, and several others and say, "We've got to get foreign policy, national security issues back on track.'" -When asked the first thing he would do if elected President, 3/00

9. "The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should. I've got Greenspan's book." -12/18/07

8. "It's not social issues I care about." -2/3/08

5. "[C]ertainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to undergo illegal and dangerous operations." -8/24/99, and repeated three other times during the campaign

4. "John Kerry is a very close friend of mine. We've been friends for years. Obviously, I would entertain it." -When asked if he would entertain being Kerry's VP if asked, 3/10/04

3. "By the way, I think the fence is least effective. But I'll build the goddamned fence if they want it." -2/07

2. "I am sure that Senator Clinton would make a good President. I have no doubt that Senator Clinton would make a good President." -2/20/05

1. "I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected, that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government." -4/29/06

<Snipped by Dreamweaver>
As you say Scholar thinly disguised foul language, which dosn't deserve the bandwidth TBH.
Badgergirl
The great striped one

Theme: Halloween 2005

Mood: In love.

[*] Post 319757 posted on 8-2-2008 at 13:57 Reply With Quote

What a charming man.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.