Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Reports say Romney is suspending his campaign.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319600 posted on 7-2-2008 at 17:43 Reply With Quote
Reports say Romney is suspending his campaign.

The reports say he is announcing this at CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference, I think are the words.) I would understand this to mean that he is still available (if the convention would deadlock, for example), but that he will not continue to spend money and campaign.

I have read discussion that McCain will probably lose the general election because of his positions and past actions (the Democrats like him better than most Republicans, but they will vote for the Democrat candidate; the conservative Republicans don't like him). If Romney had continued to campaign against him when there was little hope to win the nomination, he may have been blamed for McCain's eventual defeat in the general election.
Dreamweaver
The Phantom....

Mood: Empty....

[*] Post 319603 posted on 7-2-2008 at 17:56 Reply With Quote

Scholar it would help immensely if you gave a link to either the reports or discussions you speak of.

As it is we cant discuss anything at the moment because all we have is your post which does not give any thought provoking ideas to respond too, only your thoughts on whatever it is you have read. :(
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319605 posted on 7-2-2008 at 18:10 Reply With Quote

Dreamweaver, I heard about it on the radio. It is happening RIGHT NOW. He has not even finished his speech (which I cannot hear, since I have no cable TV or fast internet).
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.