Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Problems opening AOL after update
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319198 posted on 4-2-2008 at 21:13 Reply With Quote
Problems opening AOL after update

Quote:
Originally posted by foxylady
my kids have a pc windows vista what they got for christmas i put aol on all was working fine i installed norton anti virus was still working fine then an update came up installed and since then cant open aol still have internet explorer tried doing system restore didnt alter anything also uninstalled aol and reinstalled stilll doesnt work every time i open it just switches the whole computer off thanks for your help xxx

This is foxylady's problem, which she added to her Norton problem thread. I am starting a new topic, since it sounds like a different problem on a different machine. It might get attention from more people as a new post.

I'm just trying to be helpful. greengrin
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 319201 posted on 4-2-2008 at 21:58 Reply With Quote

Would it not just have been better to keep everything in one thread...? (Or at least leave it to Foxylady, or Mod even, to start a new thread)
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319212 posted on 4-2-2008 at 22:26 Reply With Quote

I thought a person who doesn't know Norton, but knows about AOL and updates, might pass over reading the post with the original Norton heading. I didn't know if Foxylady would have thought of that. (Or, if there is something common to the two problems that I did not notice, I may be in error.) In any case, since the original post is still there, as well as this one, it will not miss any responses which the original post thread and heading would have attracted.

I think of it as similar to putting up an additional sign, asking for help with the problem, without taking the former sign down.

Best wishes, and hopes that your problem is indeed quickly solved, Foxylady.waveysmiley
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.