Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Need to tidy my room, want moral support.
Badgergirl
The great striped one

Theme: Halloween 2005

Mood: In love.

sad.gif Post 319020 posted on 2-2-2008 at 22:10 Reply With Quote
Need to tidy my room, want moral support.

I need to clear out a heap of draw space in my bedroom because my boyfriend is coming to live with my family!

I can't wait for him to be here but it does mean he's to stay in the room I've had this way since I was 15! It's full of my nick nacks and If I'm tidy, I'm sure they won't make the place too cluttered, and I won't have to box away too many of my ornaments.

Unfortunatley, I'm a lazy slob and the room is a tip! It's always hard to START to tidy a tip, because there is nowhere to Put the various piles of stuff to sort out! Draws and Draws of Notebooks and stuff people buy me withiout thinking. INCLUDING immediate family, who tell me off for having too much clutter! :(

Any handy hints? Anyone just want to yell at me to get my lazy a**e off this chair and make a start?
Anything to help!
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 319023 posted on 2-2-2008 at 22:31 Reply With Quote

cheerieleadercheerieleadercheerieleadercheerieleader
Go, go, go, Badgergirl!

Clear the bed enough to put some boxes on, and fill them with things you put in storage for a while (I'm hoping you have an attic or basement or apartment storage room you can use.) Label the box contents on the side, so you can read the labels when the boxes are stacked.

When I get crowded, I stack my things--boxes high on top of the wardrobe, boxes piled high in the closet, etc.

I have been known to hang things from hooks in the ceiling. There is a kind of net material you can hang like a hammock for plush animals, high in a corner. I have hung baskets in the kitchen for food items I want easily accessible and visible.

Work, then drink some caffeine, then more work! hyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyperhyper
Go, girl! greengrin
Badgergirl
The great striped one

Theme: Halloween 2005

Mood: In love.

[*] Post 319024 posted on 2-2-2008 at 22:41 Reply With Quote

I think the attic (The "loft" as it's known in my house) May fall on me one day! It seems to have limitless space at the moment!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.