Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Oh, the pure, unadulterated JOY OF IT ALL!!!!
Redwolf5150
Mighty Faerie Hunter

Theme: KF Arctic Blue

Mood: Call Me GRANDPA!

[*] Post 316904 posted on 18-1-2008 at 18:32 Reply With Quote
Oh, the pure, unadulterated JOY OF IT ALL!!!!

I finally had the time to install the Huey Pro monitor calibrator and software that Jackie got me for Christmas. (It arrived Monday after being on backorder from where Jackie got it).

I had been having trouble with my prints from both Wal-Mart and my pro lab as well as those I did on my photo printer at home being a tad on the dark side if I didn't set them where they looked "light" on my monitor.

Now I know why!

My monitor was set too dark!

It's gonna take some getting used to it looking "flat" to me, since the contrast was off too.

But I worked on an image in PhotoShop after calibrating the monitor. When I printed it out, the print matched the monitor exactly!

Oh, the joys of modern technology.

And a damn sight easier than when I had to do color densiometer readings when I did my own color printing.

kewl_glasses
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 316908 posted on 18-1-2008 at 18:42 Reply With Quote

Congratulations, Jamie.waveysmiley May it bring you many years of good service.waveysmileywaveysmiley
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 316916 posted on 18-1-2008 at 20:17 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
I finally had the time to install the Huey Pro monitor calibrator and software that Jackie got me for Christmas. (It arrived Monday after being on backorder from where Jackie got it).

I had been having trouble with my prints from both Wal-Mart and my pro lab as well as those I did on my photo printer at home being a tad on the dark side if I didn't set them where they looked "light" on my monitor.

Now I know why!

My monitor was set too dark!

It's gonna take some getting used to it looking "flat" to me, since the contrast was off too.

But I worked on an image in PhotoShop after calibrating the monitor. When I printed it out, the print matched the monitor exactly!

Oh, the joys of modern technology.

And a damn sight easier than when I had to do color densiometer readings when I did my own color printing.

kewl_glasses

Jamie, enjoy waveysmiley

Regards the Bear
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.