Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Any Asus motherboard users here...? Question for you...
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 316761 posted on 17-1-2008 at 23:38 Reply With Quote
Any Asus motherboard users here...? Question for you...

I'm about to change my Mobo, and have a couple of specific critria to match... (Yes, I'm a fussy git!)

I'm looking at a couple of Asus boards, but I want to know if they have a Boot Menu function... By this I mean when the PC starts up, and the BIOS/POST screen comes up, does it say something like "Press ESC for Boot Menu" (Etc, it may another key press, but does the same job)

It basically gives you the option of booting to a specific device, like the CD/DVD drives, Network or another HDD...

If you have this option, tell me what model board you are running, or at least how new it is, please...

The new modern Gigabyte boards have this function, but they are lacking in other things I need...

Abit's Intel boards don't seem to have this function anymore, which I'm sad to say... The IP35Pro doesn't and after querying on the Abit forums, it seems none of the new Intel boards have this anymore...

Bit odd this I know, and it may be a long shot, but any info is greatfully recieved...!

Ta.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Katzy
Anything you like

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Fintlewoodlewix.

[*] Post 316763 posted on 17-1-2008 at 23:41 Reply With Quote

Mine has one that you can turn on and off in the BIOS.

I'm not at all up on mobos, though. Mine's an A-Bit "Fatal1ty", or summat. I seem to remember seeing "ASUS", somewhere, though.

I'm way out of my tree, at the mo, though, matey, so I could be typing total kak.
Daz
Custom User Title

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: w00t - Lge1 :-))

[*] Post 316771 posted on 17-1-2008 at 23:48 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
Mine has one that you can turn on and off in the BIOS.

I'm not at all up on mobos, though. Mine's an A-Bit "Fatal1ty", or summat. I seem to remember seeing "ASUS", somewhere, though.

I'm way out of my tree, at the mo, though, matey, so I could be typing total kak.

We've got the same board atm mate... (Previous discussions on here determined that) Abit AN8 Ultra (Aka Fatal1ty)

But new Intel Abit's no longer have this function... The AMD boards still do though, but I'm going Intel this time, as the Phenom still doesn't cut the ice, and the price difference is nothing these days...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User Daz's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger Daz's Yahoo
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.