Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: School Principal tried for sex crimes
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 316723 posted on 17-1-2008 at 22:02 Reply With Quote
School Principal tried for sex crimes

In 2007, a school principal was charged with sex crimes (2 counts). While he was awaiting trial, parents created an uproar against him being allowed to continue serving at his job. Under pressure, he resigned. His name and picture have been on the news.
. . .
Now, the trial is over. He has been found "not guilty." The news report said he was accused of having contact of a sexual nature with a woman of age twenty, at a party away from the school, and the jury believed that it was by mutual consent.

How hard will it be for this man to get a comparable job, since he was accused of sexual misconduct? Anyone who googles his name will find dozens of stories about this accusation. How many people will even read that he was found "not guilty," compared to all those who read news articles while he was under suspicion?

I would not do what he did, or approve of it, but I have sympathy for him. "Innocent until proven guilty" does not mean his life will ever return to its former path.
Dreamweaver
The Phantom....

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Empty....

[*] Post 316726 posted on 17-1-2008 at 22:13 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
In 2007, a school principal was charged with sex crimes (2 counts). While he was awaiting trial, parents created an uproar against him being allowed to continue serving at his job. Under pressure, he resigned. His name and picture have been on the news.
. . .
Now, the trial is over. He has been found "not guilty." The news report said he was accused of having contact of a sexual nature with a woman of age twenty, at a party away from the school, and the jury believed that it was by mutual consent.

How hard will it be for this man to get a comparable job, since he was accused of sexual misconduct? Anyone who googles his name will find dozens of stories about this accusation. How many people will even read that he was found "not guilty," compared to all those who read news articles while he was under suspicion?

I would not do what he did, or approve of it, but I have sympathy for him. "Innocent until proven guilty" does not mean his life will ever return to its former path.

That's the difference between the UK and the USA Scholar.
Over here he would have been suspended on full pay until the court case was over.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 316727 posted on 17-1-2008 at 22:14 Reply With Quote

As a matter of interest, how come a 20 year old is still at school?
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.