Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Michigan Primary--Jan 15
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 316046 posted on 13-1-2008 at 02:10 Reply With Quote
Michigan Primary--Jan 15

The Democrats punished Michigan for moving up its primary by ruling that no delegate votes would be awarded to Michigan at the nominating convention. Obama and Edwards pulled out, so only Hillary is on the Democrat ballot. Anti-Clinton people are urging Dems to vote for uncommitted delegates.

Among the Republicans, McCain won Michigan 8 years ago. Michigan is one of those states where anyone can ask for either ballot, and some Democrats were then urging their people to take a Republican ballot to sabotage them. (I don't know how successful that was.)

Romney was born in Michigan, and his father served as Govenor there (but that was many, many years ago.)

Romney is concentrating on Michigan, which is a populous state with a lot of delegates. I just looked at a poll which showed Romney ahead of McCain by 1 point (which is within the margin of error for the poll).
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic
Member Is Online

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 316056 posted on 13-1-2008 at 08:55 Reply With Quote

At least Clinton is showing that she still thinks Michigan counts unlike the other front runners. Ignore a whole State at your peril, even if their votes don't count this time around.
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 316104 posted on 13-1-2008 at 12:38 Reply With Quote

As far as I know, Clinton is not doing anyting in Michigan. She did not withdraw her name from the ballot, but a win against no opponents for zero votes when no candidate has campaigned there will not mean much. (Even if the uncommitted delegates win against hers, it will only be an embarrassment.)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.